This week we are looking at Feng Shui - in our A-Z of Birth & Early Parenting! You may have heard of Feng Shui - but did you know you can use Feng Shui at birth?
I recently attended a workshop with the lovely Faye Read of Feng Shui For Birth and I learnt some fascinating things!
I guess the important thing is to remember that whereever you are birthing, you need to create a Sacred Space and optimise your birthing environment.
Some simple ways to do this include:
- Space clearing of the environment - to release any stuck energies that no longer serve us.
- A physical declutter of the environment - this can be done even in a hospital room or birth suite.
- Finding your position of power in the room
- Minimising Electromagnetic Stress in the area
- Placing a sign at the door to your birthing room
As your doula I can assist you to optimise your birthing environment by being a positive attendant and holding the space.
My doula kit includes tools like a Crystal Singing Bowl, Tibetan Tingsha Bells, Battery operated (hospital safe) tealight candles, Smudge Sticks and of course my support to help you clear the space/declutter the room.
If you want to learn more about Feng Shui for Birth , you can visit the Feng Shui For Birth website where you can download a free ebook 'Top 10 Feng Shui Tips for Birth'.
If you would like to get in touch, to see how I can help you with your birth, please contact me or call me on 0430 227 114.